2024 Private Equity Transaction Analyst
- University Graduates & Internships
- Kennett Square, PA
- Benefits include health insurance, life and disability insurance, 401k, EAP, paid holidays and paid time off.
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Our Private Equity & Infrastructure team in Kennett Square is experiencing significant growth in its core interest rate and foreign exchange risk management businesses. To support that growth, we are looking to hire a Transaction Analyst to help our clients develop and execute hedging strategies to mitigate interest rate and foreign exchange risk. The successful candidate will enjoy a collaborative environment, an apprenticeship development model, and working with experienced advisors and transaction operations specialists across the full spectrum of deal management. This will initially entail managing trade documentation, communicating with and educating clients, as well as assisting with derivatives pricing, structuring, and financial modeling.
In this role you will:
- Ensure KYC, regulatory and ISDA processes run smoothly and the client is ready to trade in a timely manner by coordinating setup amongst clients, their counsel, internal resources, and potential dealer counterparties
- Review relevant loan documentation, structure trades and prepare term sheets, confirming economic details of transactions prior to execution as well as proper entry post-execution
- Meaningfully contribute to the continuous development of exceptional processes, market expertise and client service
- Manage the tracking and reporting of transaction operations, including: outstanding documentation, providing updates and reminders to clients, monitoring the team’s transaction trends, new pipeline deals and deal deadlines, etc.
- Assist experienced advisors in client relationship management, including gathering and analyzing client interest rate and foreign exchange exposures, utilizing Chatham’s proprietary models and the team’s spreadsheet-based tools to quantify client’s risk under various rate/macro scenarios
- Prepare presentation materials containing pricing, quantitative analysis, market data/information, and advisory content. After growing to a level of comfort and expertise over time, ultimately lead clients through the materials on conference calls
As an organization dedicated to exceptional client service, we strive to exceed client expectations with our responsiveness, availability, and expertise. In this role, you will be a key contributor to maintaining that high level of service. As you progress, you will become an integral part of our client relationships, serving as the face of Chatham and becoming a trusted advisor.
Contributors to your success:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in business, finance, or a related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill complexity concisely to a diverse range of client audiences
- Quantitative/analytical skills and mathematical proficiency
- Collaborative mindset and team-first mentality
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and align resources proficiently to deliver a high level of client service
- Proven drive, intellectual curiosity, and desire to grow personally and professionally
- Excel/PowerPoint experience preferred
Chatham Financial analysts attend the New Hire Academy which focuses on improving their speed to proficiency by developing the knowledge, skills, and relationships needed to be successful. It is a combination of online learning resources, virtual debriefs, and in-person workshops with the cohort. Content areas covered include: fixed income math, derivatives basics, options theory, client communications, and effective consulting skills.
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,500 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $1 trillion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate academic program with a graduation date between December 2023 - June 2024.