2024 Corporates Intern
- University Graduates & Internships
- Kennett Square, PA
We don’t simply hire employees. We invest in them. When you work at Chatham, we empower you — offering professional development opportunities to help you grow in your career, no matter if you've been here for five months or 15 years. Chatham has worked hard to create a distinct work environment that values people, teamwork, integrity, and client service. You will have immediate opportunities to partner with talented subject matter experts, work on complex projects, and contribute to the value Chatham delivers every day.
Chatham maintains an entrepreneurial culture that rewards teamwork and innovation. We seek individuals who are natural leaders, who have a desire and ability to learn quickly, and who fit our culture. We hope this is an experience that not only cultivates your business and professional skills but also contributes to your personal growth.
In this role you will:
- Join the Corporates sector that advises and serves clients ranging from small, family-owned firms to the Fortune 10 on financial risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodities.
- Be assigned to a specific sub-team with a summer project for you to complete with your mentor and subject-matter expert. Past projects have included:
- Completing market research
- Building financial models
- Creating case studies and other client materials
- Crafting dashboards and other technology solutions
- Collaborate with the other Corporates sector interns to complete our State of Financial Risk Management report, our annually published independent study of the risk management practices across over 1,000 U.S. public companies.
- Become part of the Chatham team, interacting with other interns, your own team, and senior leaders. You will attend weekly company meetings, as well as participate in team meetings and various social events throughout your internship. These events are designed to allow you to experience Chatham’s culture and give you exposure to as many Chatham employees as possible to aid in your professional and personal development.
- Receive a training plan with sessions that begin on your first day and span the entire summer to orient you to Chatham and the finance industry.
- Participate in self-assessments mid-summer that will provide insight into your natural abilities and how you can influence your future. This is a learning experience you can leverage beyond the summer.
- You will have the opportunity to add value to the team and contribute to the work at Chatham through your assigned project. Your work will impact Chatham employees, clients, and the community.
Contributors to your success:
- Strong problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated leadership aptitude
- Excellent communication ability
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Innate service orientation and desire to help others
About Chatham Financial:
Chatham Financial is the largest independent financial risk management advisory and technology firm. A leader in debt and derivative solutions, Chatham provides clients with access to in-depth knowledge, innovative tools, and an incomparable team of over 600 employees to help mitigate risks associated with interest rate, foreign currency, and commodity exposures. Founded in 1991, Chatham serves more than 3,500 companies across a wide range of industries — handling over $1trillion in transaction volume annually and helping businesses maximize their value in the capital markets, every day.
Applicants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate academic program.
The internship will begin on June 3, 2024, and run through August 9, 2024.